Wednesday, January 19, 2011

Call me Ishmael. Wednesday 19th January 2011.

Hello missed ones!

This has been an eventful few days for myself and Ben. We have been kept most busy and I have enjoyed every second of it.

On Thursday I had a job interview at a vet clinic in Auckland. It went quite well and I felt very good about the clinic and the lovely ladies I met who work there. Hannah (the head nurse) and myself arranged that I come back the following Monday so she could assess my skill level and to see how I fit in with the other staff. I came home feeling wonderful and made some banana and date bread and drank some wine :)

Ben had suggested that we head in to town on the Friday night to get us both out of the house as we were going a tad stir crazy. Imagine my excitement!!! It seemed like ages since I had frocked up and drunk a beer in a licenced establishment and this suggestion was most welcome, so Friday we motored into Ponsonby and ate, drank and were merry. Part of our mission was to locate some live music. Ben took me to a pub called 'The Dog's Bollocks' and we caught the tail end of a great band who played a cover of a Johnny Cash song for their encore. Needless to say we left The Dog's Bollocks in very high spirits!

Saturday we caught the ferry over to Rangitoto Island and walked to the summit. Such a lovely view! We picked up some hiking boots (matching, his and hers hiking boots...) and came home and tramped around the house laughing at ourselves in these big clunky matching things.

We went to a car fair to buy me a car on Suynday morning. There were a hell of a lot of shit boxes there but on the way out we stumbled upon a 2005 Skoda Octavia that looked to be a good buy. We took it for a test drive, Ben did his haggling thing and we gave the guy a day or so to come up with receipts and service history before the deal was closed. He didn't, hasn't and we are still on the hunt for a car.

Monday I went back to the vet clinic for my trial day. I had a great day and was offered the job there! Hooray! It's a casual position and only a few days a week but there will be more shifts coming up when people leave for holidays. I am oh so very pleased with this :)

Ben's sister and her two kids came to stay on Monday night. Was a brilliant night! I make hamburgers I get all the girls, and I take them out to dinner and I give them all the world... Sorry, I made hamburgers for tea and we sat at the boardroom table and deliberated over whether or not we would go back for seconds. We did.

What a long post! No doubt filled with fluff and air but I am feeling good and fluffy and airy.

I hope everyone is well in Oz. Love to all xxx

2 comments:

  1. Congrats on the job front! Glad to hear you are having a great time over there and Ben is looking after you! It sounds lovely and you seem happy, which makes me happy!
    I got a brand new car last week and I have named it Tiffany. I love her. She's pretty. I also cut all my hair off.
    If you're still there in June I'll come for a visit!
    Love you! Be good! XX

    ReplyDelete
  2. man i miss ewe!!!!!!! hurry up n call moi ploise!!!!

    ReplyDelete