Thursday, January 27, 2011

Here's one I prepared earlier.

Here is a picture of the Lamingtons I made yesterday. They were so much fun to make! I think I over cooked the cake a bit but other than that they turned out pretty good. Ben's friend Ewout from Holland had never tried Lamingtons before last night and he had two.

I went to the grocery shop yesterday afternoon to get some desicated coconut for the Lamingtons and some beer. The lovely ladies at the shop sold me the VB (it was Aussie Day after all) despite me not being able to produce my passport as ID. They don't accept foriegn licences here and as a result I have been refused service before. I told the ladies yesterday that I was 30 in June and I think they all thought I was pulling their legs but in the end they gave me the benefit of the doubt anyway, bless em!

We had dinner in town with Ewout last night which was lovely. Afterwards we came back here and I plugged myself into the computer and listened to the tail end of the Hottest 100. I VOTED FOR BIG JET PLANE!! So chuffed!! I wish I'd been in Aus to spend the day with my buds, but I had a pretty good day anyway.

I got my first Kiwi pay today! It feels so good to be earning again.

Hope your hangovers are brief.

xxx


No comments:

Post a Comment