Friday, January 14, 2011

Tolstoy is my mate. Friday 14th January.

Hello my friends!! How I love and miss you all astronomically!!

We are getting on with settling into some sort of routine here. Ben is off to work daily and I am rattling around the house and job hunting - desperately. I have thus far applied for approximately 15 jobs. Yes siree, I need work. I had an interview at a wonderful little vet clinic in Greenlane (about a 40 minute drive from home with no traffic. Apparantly in traffic it is hell) and it went pretty well (despite me getting lost and being 6 minutes late). Going in for a trial day and to meet the boss on Monday which I am very much looking forward to. Also have an interview at Specsavers Botany (also a fair hike from home) on Sunday afternoon. I have been a bit down due to the lack of employment activity but my spirits are on the rise! Bring it on!

Last weekend Ben and I went to Hawke's Bay for his friend Tim's 30th. Was a darn fun weekend I must say. I fell in love with the little town of Napier, as well as Ben's mates. They are a great bunch of kids and have all made me feel very welcome.

I am hungry.

We are going out tonight!! I am so freaking excited. I have been scouring the gig guide for names I know but then thought - no lady, you aren't in Sydney any more! Go see some local Kiwi bands! - so that's what we'll probably do. Is going to be great to get out of the house to have a beer and get to know Auckland City a little bit.

Tomorrow we have a walk planned on Rangitoto Island. We have both been a bit lazy of late so are looking forward to getting out and walking off some Christmas pudge.

It feels very strange being over here safe in the sunshine and watching the Queensland floods on the telly. The coverage has been huge here - can't believe what is happening. I hope you and your family are all safe...

Love to all! xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment