Thursday, January 20, 2011

I like to give the people what they want... Thursday 20th January 2011

Word on the street is that people don't always want to hear the good stuff. Sometimes they want to read about the shit that goes on in the lives of others. After all, is anyone truely happy all of the time?

So I'm going to tell you about some shit that happened to me on Monday.

I went in to my new place of employment for a bit of a trial day. While I was there I monitored an anaesthetic for a cat dental. One of the tasks involved in this is checking the patients temperature at regular intervals to ensure their temperature doesn't drop too much. As in people, it is much nicer for puppies and kitties to have things stuck in their bottom if a little bit of KY is employed, so I, being the lovely vet nurse that I am, did the KY thing and took kitty's temperature.

There are two types of thermometres typically used for general temperature taking these days - mercury thermometres and electronic thermometres. The electronic variety do not require shaking to get an accurate reading and on Monday I found out that this is a very handy feature.

While shaking down the mercury thermometre after taking this kitty's temperature I felt something land in my hair. Sure enough, it was some faeces laced KY from the end that had just come out of the bottom of poor kitty.

That's my shit story for the week. Stay tuned for more exciting adventures!

No comments:

Post a Comment