Wednesday, January 5, 2011

We have internet! 5th January, 2011.

Today Ben snuck a laptop home from work so we can have the internet at 'home' (the guest house we are staying at until the 10th - I can't wait to unpack my suitcase!!). I have been busy all afternoon creating a flickr account (http://www.flickr.com/photos/imasmellywombat/) and just sitting in front of the computer looking at bits and pieces. Internet - I shall never take you for granted again!!


Things are grand over here! On new years day Phil, Brenden, Tim, R. Beagle, Ben and I climbed a hill at Makara- pretty special way to shake a hangover. Wellington is beautiful. We spent a couple of days there and I was lucky enough to have some of the best tour guides in town showing me the sites. We went to karaoke - I sung. Oh lord. Ben and I belted out 'Goodbye Yellow Brick Road'. The idea was to drown out the professional sounding ladies in the next booth which I think we managed to do...


We climbed Mt Ngauruhoe on Monday which was amazing. I still get excited just thinking about it! It was a 7.5 hour walk all up and we were pretty well wrecked by the end of it, but goddamn- what an amazing experience. We were both covered in volcano afterwards so we stopped and got some ciders and our books and towels and went and had a dip in Lake Taupo to wash off. Monday has been my favourite day here yet.


Tomorrow I start looking for work. Not looking for anything in particular, just something to get me out of the house and some cash in my pocket. Which reminds me, I have to get a NZ tax file number and bank account...


Come visit me!!

xxx

No comments:

Post a Comment